Monday, December 11, 2006

Obsessed Knitter in the making...

I had family in town over the weekend, and am now truly convinced that one day my little sister will be obsessed with knitting, just like me.

They arrived Friday night, and I was proudly showing off the %&(*%#(&*% that I made for a family member for Christmas. (Sorry, edited for holiday surprise. You never know who's lurking on your blog...) Sister was so impressed that she decided she needed to knit a sock. Just one.

So, Saturday afternoon we headed up to Noe Knit, and bought her some size 2 dpns and a skein of Lana Grossa Mellenweit.



No, she's never knit in the round, picked up stitches, or grafted a toe, or even decreased or increased stitches, and I had to remind her how to purl, but she has the drive to learn. I know she can do it.

However, she does need a little bit of training still to become completely obsessed, as I am. We were in the store, and I picked up a gorgeous skein of Manos del Uraguay. She looked at me like I had lost my mind and said, "Did you just SMELL that yarn?" Someday she'll understand.