Thursday, October 26, 2006

How time flies...

I can't believe it's been a week already! I am trying to post more frequently, but the only time I can take photos of my progress seems to be the weekend. And posts without photos are boring... so there ya go.

We had a fun, fun weekend. It was the man's birthday, so we did manly things.
First we went to the Haight - to go to Amoeba.


Then, since we were right there, we went to Golden Gate Park and rode the carousel,


and looked at flowers.



Ok, now what you're really here for:

SP9 is going well! I am really excited to buy things for my pal. It's going to be tough stretching it out until January, though! I want to buy a bunch of stuff and send it to her now! but I must restrain myself. And my pal sent me a note saying that my first surprise is already in the mail. This is so exciting!

The never-ending baby blanket is still unfinished, even though the baby was born on Friday (the 13th). He will be getting it as a Christmas present! Or, at this rate, a high school graduation present... I realize now that I made it too wide. The thing is 45" wide when stretched out. It's 35" long now, but looks weird since it's not square. The pattern says to make it 60" long, but I think squaring it up will be enough!

The Hex Coat pieces are finished!!! I completed the back last weekend and am almost finished putting it together. Now I just have to knit the hexagon border. Woo hoo!

My mom was up this weekend and we went to Noe Knit and I bought this lovely skein of fingering weight natural alpaca for my stash. I'm thinking a nice shawl/scarf. This one skein is over 650 yds! I am currently attempting to bribe it into becoming the Swallowtail Shawl from the Fall Interweave, but with little success. *sigh*





And, since I'm now officially addicted to knitting socks, I bought some Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock.