Monday, October 02, 2006

Secret Pal 9 questionnaire!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I really like wool and wool blends, but I won't turn my nose up at anything. I'm not a big fan of acrylic, but other than that...

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I think a vanity bag would be the best way to describe it. It zips open and has a compartment on each side. One for the needles and one for the other stuff. I also have a Denise set which is, of course, self contained.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 10 years. My mom taught me the basics and I have taught myself a lot. I like to consider myself intermediate to advanced. I like complicated stitch patterns, but I need to work on my finishing skills!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have one at amazon.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I like low-key scents, like cucumber, over really 'sweet' smelling things.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh yes! I always love chocolate, but really anything will do!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I haven't yet ventured into spinning, but I would love to some day. I like to do counted cross-stitch and make beaded jewelry, but I mostly knit.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love old jazz, especially Ella Fitzgerald. I also like bluegrass. And yes, I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I prefer cool colors - greens, greys, blues, nice browns look best on me. I never wear red or yellow, but I do like pink. Who can resist the happiest color?

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my husband (that's such a new and exciting word!). We, unfortunately, don't have any pets at the moment.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I love scarves, but mittens and hats aren't really practical on the California coast.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I knit mostly sweaters, but I'm making a new venture into socks. I have made a few scarves, and would love to make a fun lace shawl or scarf someday soon.

13. What are you knitting right now? Ha! I'm in the middle of the Hex Coat from Knitting Nature, my first Jaywalker and a baby blanket. On deck I have socks for the man and the Cambridge jacket from Summer 06 Interweave, also for the man.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Who wouldn't!!?!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I almost always knit on circular needles. In the past I used plastic a lot, but I'm starting to like aluminum more.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I still have to use my knees!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Um, I try not to keep track. There is a vest I designed and started knitting about two years ago...

18. What is your favorite holiday? Definitely Christmas. I wish the holiday spirit could last longer!

19. Is there anything that you collect? You mean besides yarn and needles? Not really.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have been yearning for Handknit Holidays and Knitting Without Tears for a while. I subscribe to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I just bought the Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques - I am looking forward to refining my finishing skills.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm starting to be! My foot is 9" long, and 8.5" around.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 5/12. Yep, I'm a Taurus.