Sunday, February 18, 2007

Don't come here looking for knitting...

Cuz you're not going to get it today.


The man is gone for the long weekend. Not that this is exciting in itself (love you sweetie), it's just that I get to do what I want ALL weekend. Nice.

So, I've been knitting, catching up on bloglines, cleaning, making cookies, watching movies, listening to Alison Krauss, and just having an all around good time by myself.


I won't give you the recipe. You'll have to ask Martha.

But, I will give you the recipe for something much more exciting and worthwhile.
Ok, here goes.

Are you ready?

Mom Riley's Homemade Kahlua - I told you it would be worthwhile...

1pt brandy (or 1 cup brandy and 1 cup vodka)
2 cups hot water
4 cups sugar
1 vanilla bean
2 oz instant coffee (not freeze dried)

Mix coffee and sugar together in 1/2 gallon jug. Add water and mix well. Add brandy and vanilla bean.
Seal and keep in a dark, cool place for 30 days.
Enjoy!!

We keep ours in this
which always makes me feel like I'm drinking moonshine. So, make this and let me know how it is around St. Patrick's day or so. Super yummy, I promise.