Thursday, April 12, 2007

ARRRR!

So, a pirate walks into a bar, and the bartender notices something strange about him. The pirate asks the bartender for a drink, and the bartender says, "Um... Mr. Pirate, sir, is that a steering wheel in your pants?"
And the pirate says... (wait for it...) "Aye, and it's drivin' me nuts."

Ok, one more... What's a pirate's favorite restaurant? ARRRRby's!

I think you probably know by now what this is leading up to, and don't think I'm launching a career in stand-up...

Aye, maties, it's an FO!



Pattern: We Call Them Pirates, free from Hello Yarn
Yarn: Random acrylic blend from the stash, and Rowan Calmer for the lining
Needles: Size 3 bamboo
Mods: I made the lining only about 1" instead of the 2.25" length designated in the pattern. It fits just perfectly this way, instead of being a smidge too tight.

Overall, this is a great project. I feel like I learned a lot about fair isle, and my gauge is much more even on this than on the Endpaper Mitts.

I am officially a two handed fair isler. I just can't get the hang of holding both colors in one hand.

Now that it's complete, I realize I must have changed the dominant color in the middle, and then changed back. It's hard to see in the right side, but I can definitely see it in the guts. Do you see it? In the middle skulls, the white was being carried over the black, and on the top and bottom ones, the black was carried over the white.


I'm sure it's one of those things only knitters notice.

Once I got my momentum, I really had fun with this. I finished it about a week ago, and the Man has been wearing it constantly ever since. I'm so glad he likes it!