Friday, May 18, 2007

And now for something completely random...

I have been tagged by both Christy and Kellie for the 7 Random Things Meme.

So here goes. Quick, before I get tagged again!

(Oh, wait, here are the rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.)

Ok, ready?

1. I don't own a TV. Wait. Let me rephrase - I have never owned a TV. My mother hasn't owned a TV for as long as I've been alive. But I love watching TV shows on Netflix. We watch DVDs on our computer, and we have a portable DVD player.
Yeah, so, all those small talk conversations at work about that one episode of CSI, or what happened on American Idol last night? Way over my head.

2. I went to college way over on the other side of the country, only to find out once I got there that I have lots of family connections to my alma mater. My great-grandmother graduated from the same college in 1902 (exactly 100 years before me). Her father, uncle and younger sister all went there, and her father taught Romance and Germanic Languages there.
Now I know why it felt like home when I first visited. Kinda creepy.

3. I was a Romance Languages major. (Is this freaking you out yet?) I had planned on majoring in International Business, but they wouldn't let me specialize in more than one region. So I developed my own major, and took all kinds of crazy classes in French, Spanish, Italian and Latin. (Oh, and I once found a book in the library with a bookplace saying it was donated by my great-great-uncle.)

4. When I was born, my parents had a 40 acre sheep ranch. We moved away when I was 5, so I don't really remember it. But now? It sounds like heaven!! All that wool? Fabulous.

5. I think my parents are the coolest.
My dad is the funniest, most level-headed and most fun-to-be-around guy that you will ever meet (in my humble and not at all biased opinion). He would do anything for his family and does it without expecting anything in return.
And my mom is the most creative and hard working mom in the world. She is a glass-blower, olive-grower, knitter and mom extraordinaire! She and my step-dad totally landscaped their backyard for our wedding, and are have 4 more weddings scheduled for this year.
She will be getting hand-knit socks for the rest of her life for that one!

6. In both high school and college I was a pole-vaulter on the track team. I was never very good, but I had a lot of fun.

7. I tore one of my ACLs pole vaulting in college. And I tore the other one skiing in high school. If you can avoid it, don't do that. It really hurts. And the surgery to fix it? Not so much fun either.

Ok, so I am tagging Ariel, Stacey, Jena, Kathy, Susi, Amy, and anybody else who wants to be tagged. (Don't feel obligated!)

ETA: Oops, I guess I should have looked at who Christy tagged. Sorry ladies :)

It's not too late to enter the contest! Comments entered before tomorrow night (Saturday 5/19) at midnight will be considered. Good luck!