Wednesday, May 16, 2007

One year older...

Thank you all for the birthday and blogiversary wishes. It really means a lot to have such a large community of like minded people surrounding my little place in the internet. You are all wonderful. Thank you for being here.

I spent a nice, long weekend with my family. We spent my birthday and Mother's Day together, and watched my graduation online. Even though I couldn't be there "for reals" it was nice to hear my name.

This was the first birthday that was difficult for me to celebrate. Maybe it's just part of getting older, but I didn't want it to come this year. Time seems to be speeding up, and passing me by. How can I be in my late 20's already? How can my 5 year college reunion be this summer? and my 10 year high school reunion next summer? Many cousins and friends are having children (all boys - what's up with that?), buying houses, settling down. It seems a little late at this point, but can I please stop growing up?

Oh well. Nothing I can do... At least my family approves of my knitting habit. See here for proof.


As I mentioned a few posts back, I made Roza's Socks for my mom for Mother's Day (Here is the Ravelry link for those with acocunts).

These were a really fun little project. I had to fly through the project to get them done in time.

Taking inspiration from Christy, I made a star toe (found here) instead of the toe called for in the pattern. What a relief! No kitchener! Love it.

ETA: Oh yeah, the pattern specs. Duh.

Pattern: Roza's Socks by Grumperina from Interweave Spring '06
Yarn: 1 sk. Sundara Sock yarn in Lenten Rose (Petals Collection colorway)
Needles: Size 1 Susan Bates dpns
Mods: Just the star toe.

I haven't forgotten about the contest. More info will be forthcoming as soon as the prizes arrive!