Wednesday, July 30, 2008

And, I'm back...

Sorry for the long long absence. I haven't really been anywhere or done anything out of the ordinary. I'm not sure where the time went. It just when Whoosh! and now it's almost August. I can't believe it.

I can blame a couple of the weeks on my computer being dead. But now it's all better.

I have been working on Road to Golden (ravelink). (This is my swatch from the beginning of June... I'm using KnitPicks Wool of the Andes.)

Road to Golden

It's thisclose to being done, but there's an error in the stitch count for the yoke. And not just a few stitches off. Like a whole sleeve off.
I've knit and ripped twice already and over it.
First time I couldn't get my head through the opening. Not good.
Second time I could have been in Flashdance. Also not good.
It's on time out while I figure out a new plan of attack.

Oh, and fun news. I'm substitute teaching my first knitting class tomorrow evening. Wish me (um, and the new knitters) luck!