Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Catching up...

Hi, it's me. Remember me? I'm still around.
There has been knitting, but I have no photographic proof. So, I'm just going to ramble.

You know that theory that everyone has a twin? Like a doppelganger, but without the evil? I think I've found mine. I have no idea what she looks like, but Larissa of Meathead fame is my twin. In fact, I think we might be the same person.

Why?

Well, first off, we have the same name. And when I say same, I mean both first and last.
We are both married to men with the initals M.J.B.
She works for a library foundation, and I will work for a library someday.
We were both born in May.
We both live on the west coast. She lives in a city I've never been to, but one that I imagine myself moving to someday.
And, duh, we both knit. And blog about it.

I'm still a little shocked about this.

Do you have a "twin"?

In other news, I have made a lovely English translation of this little neck warmer pattern from Tejemanejes, a new Spanish-language Knitty type magazine. I am waiting for their permission to post it. I know they have a Creative Commons license, but I just want to make sure. Better safe than sorry and all that. Hopefully I will get the ok in the next few days.

And, I know this is going to shock all of you who commented on my last post, but I'm going to start swatching for Joy as soon as Orangina is finished. So close.
I've decided to participate in MS3, so that should take care of my lace yearnings for a while.

ETA: Ali's having a contest. Go check it out!!