Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose...

Today, I finally sit down to write about the new year.

While I hope to change some things about my lifestyle in this new year, I also take comfort in the continuity and stability of my situation. Last year saw the completion of many long term plans and goals (including a wedding and a graduation), and I am looking forward to the new beginnings, changes and challenges 2007 will present.

This year I will begin, not only a new job, but a new career. I will celebrate a first wedding anniversary. I will start repaying my student loans. I will be a better blogger, and take more pleasing photos of my work. I WILL switch to the new blogger as soon as they let me. And, most challenging of all, I will organize this:

Scary, isn't it?

I have joined Kat with a K's UFO Resurrection Challenge to help. And, while I won't make any promises, I will do my best to bust my stash.

In the mean time, though, I am making great progress on my Tatami Kimono.


I love this yarn! Sundara is amazing!!

Last but not least, many HUGE thanks to my wonderful SP for the gift certificate to Article Pract. I can't wait to cross the bay and go explore a new yarn store. Thank you soooo much!!!

Oh, and one more thing... A couple of people asked about the pattern for the hat I posted in my Christmas post. It is from EZ's Knitter's Almanac. You can see another example here. The pattern calls for a bobble on the top, with a pingpong ball inside to "cause hat to float in emergency..." She sounds like she was quite the character. I can't wait to get more of her books.