Tuesday, January 30, 2007

yadda yadda yadda

It seems like many in blogland are in the doldrums... I am in a knitting frenzy - finishing projects and starting new ones, but I haven't had the drive to post about it. Ugh.

Even though it's been over a month, I'm still getting used to working 5 days a week. During my last semester of grad school, I worked 4 ten hour days, and did my practicum on the fifth day. It made for really long work days, but the day 'off' was really nice. A leisurely train ride down to Palo Alto with plenty of time to read or knit, and then a nice train ride home in the evening. And, I still got home when it was light.

Now, however, it feels like I never see the sun. When I leave for work in the morning, the sun is out but not yet over the tops of the buildings. And coming home in the dark is getting old. Can't we have Daylight Saving Time all year?

Enough whining. All of this serves as an excuse/explanation for the tardiness of this post, and for the office-y background of the pictures. I am so desperate that I brought the knitting I wanted to tell you about and my camera to work with me so that I could take pictures during lunch.




Project: Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang
Yarn: 1 skein each of Koigu KPPPM 1323, and KPM 2339
Needles: size 0 and 2 Clover bamboo dpns
Mods: None

My have been finished for about a week. They are wonderful! I am in love with the colors. They're certainly not perfect, but good enough for me. I love that I can wear them in my ice-box of an office and still type :) Yes, I am that big of a dork.

The second one is a smidge larger than the first. I'm sure this could be fixed with blocking, but I was so excited to wear them that I didn't bother. Maybe some day I'll worry about it.

Tatami still needs ties, so the unveiling will have to wait. The pattern calls for the ties to be a crocheted chain... I'm not so hot with a crochet hook, so I'm knitting I-cord instead.


And finally, my new project. I am making Pomatomus in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Georgetown colorway. I cast on for the first sock on Friday, and I just turned the heel today. I think I'm getting the hang of this sock thing. Love it!